Title: Chinese Punk Rock Band, Second Hand Rose, Concert
- Date/Time: October 16, 2014, 5:00 -6:20 pm
- Location: Don Evans Black Box Theater
Title: Lecture by Justin Auciello, the founder and sole operator behind Jersey Shore Hurricane News
- Date/Time: October 23, 2014, 11:00 – 12:30 pm
- Location: Education 110
Auciello was honored by the White House and garnered national attention for the role his two-way news service played in the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy. Auciello created Jersey Shore Hurricane News, a Facebook-based news network, from scratch in 2011 and has since attracted more than 250,000 followers. He will address the role of the media in a digital-era and also speak about the profound differences an individual can make.
Title: “Learning to Walk With It, When Traumatic Events Cannot Be Forgotten”
- Date/Time: Wednesday, October 29th, 2014, 6:30-8:15pm (Doors open at 6:30 PM; Forum begins at 7:00 PM; A Community of Lights Event will follow the forum at 8pm and will conclude by 8:15pm)
- Location: TCNJ SCIENCE COMPLEX P117
Title: Trenton Makes Music: A Celebration
- Date/Time: October 29, 2014, 7:30 pm
- Location: Kendall Black Box Theater; Tickets to “Trenton Makes Music: A Celebration” are available at www.tcnj.edu/boxoffice or by calling 609-771-2775. Pricing is $5 for students and $10 for faculty and staff.Tickets to “Trenton Makes Music: A Celebration” are available at www.tcnj.edu/boxoffice or by calling 609-771-2775. Pricing is $5 for students and $10 for faculty and staff.
Trenton music legends Thomas Grice and Clifford Adams will be playing together with TCNJ Jazz Ensemble led by Professor Gary Fienberg. Repertoire will include pieces by Oliver Nelson, Bobby Timmons, Duke Jordan, Horace Silver, Kenny Burrell, and more. The evening will benefit the Don Evans Memorial Scholarship Fund at TCNJ, supporting students pursuing arts education at TCNJ who experience financial hardship.
Title: America’s Unofficial Ambassadors (AUA) Summer Internship Program Open House
- Day/Time: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:30-1:50
- Location: Business Lounge
- Refreshments Served
Make a difference, represent America, earn academic credit, and gain hands-on professional experience in Indonesia, Morocco, Tajikistan, Turkey or Zanzibar! Internship placements include schools and community-based organizations serving vital human development needs. Unofficial ambassadors serve full-time for six weeks, working at the grassroots level in fields ranging from education and women’s empowerment to youth leadership and environmental conservation. As interns and citizen diplomats, they form the type of people-to-people partnerships that are the future of international relations, and specifically America’s relationship with the Muslim World.
If you are interested, come to the Open House! Former TCNJ AUA Ambassadors and the Director of the Unofficial Ambassadors Program, Ben Orbach, will be present.
Title: “The Psychology of Magic”, Lecture by Joshua Jay, Conjuror (http://www.joshuajay.com/)
- Date/Time: December 2, 2014, 12:30 -1:50 pm
- Location: Science Complex P-101