TCNJ has created a Powerpoint Presentation to educate first-year students about TCNJ’s Academic Integrity policies.
- TCNJ Academic Integrity Presentation. (***updated 8/22/2015) This Powerpoint presents an overview of Academic Integrity, six case studies (with a discussion for the instructor in the notes section at the bottom of each slide), and a discussion of the academic integrity process at TCNJ. It revises the original presentation.
- TCNJ Academic Integrity Brochure. (***updated 8/22/2015) This is the official brochure distributed and signed by first-semester students.
Academic Integrity policy (effective July 7, 2015): http://policies.tcnj.edu/policies/digest.php?docId=9394
TCNJ Student Conduct Code: Rights and Responsibilities, Conduct Expectations, and Student Conduct Violations Process: http://policies.tcnj.edu/policies/digest.php?docId=9163
Grade Appeals policy: http://policies.tcnj.edu/policies/digest.php?docId=9302
Recent Articles on Academic Integrity
- Software Catches (and Also Helps) Young Plagiarists. A 11/06/2011 article in the Chronicle of Higher Education on the use of software to detect plagiarism. TurnItIn is the main program discussed.
- Studies Find More Students Cheating, With High Achievers No Exception. A 9/7/2012 article in the New York Times on the prevalence of cheating.
- Harvard Says 125 Students May Have Cheated on a Final Exam. A 8/30/2012 article in the New York Times on a cheating scandal at Harvard on a take-home examination.